Sunday 27 December 2009

Change

I haven't posted here in so long, but blogging seemed a much favourable option over revision so here I am. I was inspired to write after I stumbled across this passage earlier:

"Oh how sweet the light of day,
And how wonderful to live in the sunshine,
Even if you live a long time, don't take a single day for granted.
Take delight in each light-filled hour,
Remembering that there will also be many dark days
And that most of what comes your way is smoke.

You who are young, make the most of your youth.
Relish your youthful vigor,
Follow the impulses of your heart.
If something looks good to you, pursue it.
But also know that not just anything goes;
You have to answer to God for every last bit of it.

Live footloose and fancy free -
You won't be young forever.
Youth lasts about as long as smoke"


I can't get over how relevant this is to me right now. I've recently discovered the wonders of being a little bit spontaneous and impulsive. University has been such an incredible experience so far. This year has been a year of change for me, in such a positive way. I went into fresher's week determined to no longer be "the quiet one", as I have been for the past 7 years, and I most definitely succeeded. I also fulfilled my dream of having tea parties every night. Independence is such an amazing thing. I even miss doing my own washing a little bit!

I have made the most amazing friends. I am so excited to get to know quite a few more people better over the rest of the year. I already have an awesome house lined up for next year. I adore Oxford, there really is no place quite like it. Moo Moo's, Patisserie Valerie, The Alternative Tuck Shop, all fill me with such joy! I love walking by the river each morning as I leave college. I cannot wait for summer for punting and picnics. Oxford is so beautiful, no matter how many times I wander its streets or cycle to lectures I still cannot get over it.

This holiday has been so nice so far. Seeing friends at their universities with their totally different lives has been weird but wonderful. I love London. I love Exeter.








I've adored seeing all the bests again :) I love how nothing has changed.
I am so very excited for next year!